This program is ramping down now and there are changes being made to the program. Due to these changes, the DFA application system is not currently available.
However, the DFA is collecting contact information (name, phone number, and email address) and will get back to you as soon as the changes are finalized and the system is available.
If you are currently in eviction court or have a court summons for eviction
If you are not in court and have only received a 3-day or 30-day notice from your landlord
EL PROGRAMA DE ASISTENCIA EN RENTA NO ESTA DISPONIBLE TEMPORALMENTE. THE RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS NOT AVAIALABLE FOR THE MOMENT.
Chainbreaker is not distributing funds but is distributing information on how to apply for rental and utility assistance with the State of New Mexico.
Rompecadenas ha desarrollado una guía y un video en el que se explican los documentos requeridos y el proceso de aplicación, estos recursos son solo para personas que hablan español.
I HAVE RECEIVED AN EVICTION NOTICE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You should call an attorney, we list some resources below.
- NMLA – Must meet income requirements and must be a legal resident of the United States
- Website – https://www.newmexicolegalaid.org/
- Apply for Legal Help by phone: 1-833-LGL-HELP (1-833-545-4357) (generally Monday through Thursday, 10am to 3pm)
- NMILC – Works with immigrants regardless of legal status
- Website – https://www.nmilc.org/
- Call Their Office To Connect With An Attorney For Free, Monday 1-5 p.m., Tuesday-Fridays 9-5 p.m. (Closed 12-1 p.m.) – Call 505-247-1023
- University of NM School of Law
- Contact The Clinic, (505) 277-5265
- City of Santa Fe
- Website: https://www.santafenm.gov/news/detail/clarification_to_prohibit_eviction_of_tenants
- Contact the City Attorney’s Office, (505) 955-6512
Chainbreaker does not employ lawyers and THIS Is Not Legal Advice. These materials are intended for renters to understand their rights and how to exercise them, but this information is not a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney. The information may not reflect the most current legal developments and may be changed, updated, or removed as circumstances develop. For the most up-to-date information please call the Eviction Protection Hotline at 505-577-5481.
Santa Fe CONNECT
Santa Fe County Resource Guide
Join the CONNECT Advisory Committee
Chainbreaker Collective is organizing an Advisory Committee for the CONNECT Network. This committee will be made of 7-10 members which will be meeting quarterly, twice virtually, and twice in-person. The goal for this committee is to improve the CONNECT Network based on individual suggestions and receive feedback. Individuals interested in joining this committee must complete an application.
If you have any questions about Chainbreaker or the CONNECT Advisory Committee, please contact Yetzali Reyna, and/or Evelyn Herrera by email at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text (505) 310 7947.