Celebrate the holidays with Chainbreaker at our annual Posolada!
In 2015, Chainbreaker will close the chapter on a decade of struggle and progress. For 10 years, Chainbreaker members have worked tirelessly to change the way Santa Feans think about transportation and environmental justice. 2014 was a very successful year. Some highlights include:
- We’ve distributed 1,700 bikes to people who otherwise couldn’t afford one through the BRC. This has saved over $7.6 million in fuel costs, conserved 2.5 million gallons of gasoline and prevented over 40,000 tons of CO2 emissions.
- Chainbreaker members have successfully stopped every major service cut and fare hike proposed in recent years, despite a 90% loss of federal transit funding.Early this year we helped re-appropriate transit funds that have been raided since the ’90s.
- We created a voter guide to help educate our community about how the candidates viewed our issues and hold them accountable.
- Our groundbreaking Help Santa Feans Ride rebate program has already provided over 150 free buss passes to people.
- We launched a campaign to create a community defined Resident’s Bill of Rights that will help us lead strategic policy initiatives and build a thriving housing justice movement in Santa Fe.
This year’s Posolada will take place on Sunday, December 14. As In year’s past, we will be giving away 30 used kid bikes and celebrating another year of victory and struggle in our community. There will be food and fun for the whole family.